- About Us
Request a Callback
If you have Magellan insurance and are seeking addiction treatment, it’s essential to understand your coverage and benefits. Knowing what services are included and what costs you may be responsible for can streamline the process and allow you to focus on your recovery.
Whether you are looking for residential treatment, outpatient programs, or medication-assisted therapy, understanding your insurance coverage can make a significant difference in your treatment journey.
At Relevance Recovery, we will help you through the process of verifying your benefits and navigating the complex world of insurance policies.
What Is Magellan Insurance And How Does It Work?
Magellan Insurance is a managed care organization that focuses on behavioral health services, including addiction treatment. They work with a network of providers to ensure individuals have access to quality treatment options. Magellan Insurance policies typically cover a range of addiction treatment services, including inpatient and outpatient treatment, detoxification, medication-assisted therapy, counseling, and more.
To access the benefits of your Magellan Insurance coverage for addiction treatment, you will need to follow specific steps. This may include obtaining a referral from your primary care physician, contacting Magellan Insurance to verify coverage, and selecting an in-network provider. Understanding the process and requirements can help you navigate the system more effectively.
We Work with Most Major Insurance Carriers
Types of addiction treatment covered by Magellan Insurance
Magellan Insurance provides coverage for a variety of addiction treatment services. These services may include:
- Inpatient Treatment: This involves staying at a residential facility for a specified period while receiving intensive treatment for addiction. Inpatient treatment may include detoxification, therapy, counseling, and other supportive services.
- Outpatient Treatment: Outpatient programs allow individuals to receive addiction treatment while living at home. These programs typically involve regular counseling sessions, group therapy, and educational resources.
- Medication-Assisted Therapy: Magellan Insurance often covers medication-assisted therapy, which combines FDA-approved medications with counseling and therapy to treat addiction. Medications such as methadone, buprenorphine, and naltrexone may be included in this type of treatment.
- Counseling and Therapy: Magellan Insurance typically covers individual counseling, group therapy, and family therapy sessions as part of addiction treatment. These services are crucial for addressing underlying issues and providing support throughout the recovery process.
It’s important to review your specific policy to understand the coverage limits and any restrictions that may apply to these treatment options.
Checking Your Magellan Insurance Coverage
Following a step-by-step process can help ensure you gather all the necessary information and avoid any surprises when it comes to costs.
1: Gather Your Insurance Information
Before contacting Magellan Insurance, gather all relevant insurance information, including your policy number, member ID, and any other details.
2: Contact Magellan Insurance
Once you have your insurance information, reach out to Magellan Insurance to verify your coverage for addiction treatment.
3: Ask Specific Questions
During your conversation with Magellan Insurance, be sure to ask specific questions related to addiction treatment coverage.
4: Verify In-Network Providers
In-network providers have an established relationship with Magellan Insurance and have agreed to provide services at negotiated rates.
5: Review Coverage Details
Take note of any limitations, such as the number of therapy sessions covered per year or any pre-authorization requirements.
6: Seek Additional Clarification if Needed
If you have any further questions or need clarification on your coverage, don’t hesitate to reach out to Magellan Insurance again.
Alternative Options For Addiction Treatment
If your Magellan Insurance coverage is limited or does not meet your specific needs, there are alternative options for addiction treatment to consider:
- Sliding Scale or Income-Based Payment: These programs adjust the cost of treatment based on your income level, making it more affordable for individuals with limited insurance coverage.
- State or Local Assistance Programs: These programs may offer free or low-cost treatment options for individuals without adequate insurance coverage.
- Non-Profit Treatment Centers: Non-profit treatment centers often have resources available to help individuals who cannot afford traditional treatment programs.
- Financing Options: Explore financing options, such as medical loans or payment plans, to cover the costs of addiction treatment.
- Employer Assistance Programs: If you have an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through your employer, they may offer resources and support for addiction treatment.
Remember, it’s crucial to prioritize your health and seek the help you need, even if your insurance coverage is limited. Explore these alternative options to ensure you have access to the necessary addiction treatment services.
Taking Control Of Your Addiction Treatment Journey
Navigating the process of checking your Magellan Insurance coverage for addiction treatment may seem overwhelming, but with the right information and resources, you can take control of your treatment journey.
Remember to gather all necessary insurance information, contact Magellan Insurance to verify your coverage, and ask specific questions to understand the details of your policy.
If your Magellan Insurance coverage is limited, explore alternative options such as income-based payment programs, state or local assistance programs, non-profit treatment centers, financing options, or employer assistance programs.
At Relevance Recovery, we assist you in verifying your benefits and insurance policies. Your health and well-being are worth prioritizing. Contact us today!
We believe in Holistic Therapies.
Biosound Therapy is the integration of Biofeedback, Therapeutic Music, sound healing massage, and guided imagery. The guided imagery selections on the Biofeedback Bed are designed to address the guilt, fear, shame and trauma associated as underlying issues for most dealing with addiction. These moving meditations begin with a journey to a completely relaxed state of mind. Then, utilizing a unique echo effect, powerful and positive affirmations are delivered. This combination helps the client overcome those deep rooted, negative patterns of thought and behavior.
Equine-Assisted Therapy is used to treat patients challenged with everything from drug and alcohol abuse dependency and post-traumatic stress syndrome. The therapy takes advantage of the mental and physical exercise that working with a horse can provide. Equine therapy:
*This is an optional, additional therapeutic therapy available after clinical treatment hours.
Clients at Relevance receive weekly massage therapy from our Licensed Therapists. Some additional benefits include:
Get the Help You Need, Now.
Start your journey to substance abuse recovery with us in New Jersey today.