Tricare Drug Rehab Coverage
Learn More About Our Partnership with Tricare
Request a Callback
Does Tricare Cover Drug Rehab?
Yes, Tricare covers drug rehab. There are many reasons a person may be reluctant to enter a drug rehab program, but the cost may be the most prohibitive. Checking into a rehab program can cost thousands of dollars, and most people just don’t have that type of money. Fortunately, there are insurance programs that offer coverage.
Tricare is a company that provides insurance for uniformed service members, families and retirees worldwide. They offer health plans, special programs, prescriptions, dental plans and more. They can also cover fees associated with rehabilitation programs.
If you are hoping to check into rehab and are looking for an insurance company that offers financial assistance, Tricare may be the best option for you. Read on to find out what Tricare drug rehab coverage has to offer.
What is Included in Tricare Drug Rehab Coverage?
You may wonder, does Tricare cover alcohol rehab and does Tricare cover drug rehab? The answer to both questions is yes. The company covers you no matter what the source of your addiction may be. Here are some of the rehab services they offer coverage for.
Inpatient Services (Emergency and Non-Emergency)
If you are dealing with a serious addiction, you may require inpatient services. This typically begins with assisted detox. From there, patients will undergo a customized therapy plan that will work to target the underlying cause of addiction and come up with healthy coping mechanisms that replace the urge to use.
Once inpatient treatment is completed, individuals may graduate to an outpatient program that gives them the support they need to maintain sobriety as they adjust to the real world.
Tricare covers services associated with inpatient care including:
- Medical and psychiatric emergencies
- Immediate hospital admission
- Medical complications associated with the disorder
Intensive Outpatient Program
Intensive outpatient programs involve the patient receiving therapy on a part time basis. Therapy is administered several times a week. In some instances, the patient may even need partial hospitalization which means they will stay at the facility during the day, and they will be released to their families at night.
You may qualify for Tricare drug rehab on an outpatient basis if you meet the following requirements:
- You have a substance abuse or mental health illness
- You do not require to be hospitalized on a full-time basis
- You require stabilization, relapse prevention or symptom reduction
- You require treatment for partially stabilized mental health conditions
- You are currently attending outpatient sessions and need a higher level or care
- You are transitioning from partial hospitalization, regular outpatient services, an inpatient program or a psychiatric residential treatment center
Management of Withdrawal Symptoms (Detoxification)
The first step in most rehabilitation programs is detoxification. This is a process when patients allow their systems to become cleansed of harmful toxins.
During this time, patients often experience unpleasant symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, aches and pains, fever, irritability, racing heart rate and more. The patient knows the only way to ‘cure’ these symptoms is to go back to using. This makes relapse extremely likely.
Medical professionals can provide an assisted detox process. They will oversee the patient supplying medications to reduce symptoms while keeping them as comfortable as possible. They will supervise them so relapse is less likely to occur.
Tricare drug rehab can provide you with medical care that will help you manage withdrawal systems while you detoxify.
Medication Assisted Treatment
Medications can be used to treat withdrawal symptoms and they can also be used to reduce the urge to use. They work by reducing the pleasurable feelings associated with the drug causing users to be less dependent. They are often prescribed in combination with therapy to treat addiction.
Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) is typically used to treat users with an opioid dependency. You may qualify for Tricare drug rehab MAT if the following applies:
- You have an opioid addiction disorder
- You require assisted detox with medical services
- You need medical support outside of a 24-hour medical environment
To be approved for Tricare, your provider must adhere to the Drug Enforcement Agency, Department of Health and Human Services and state and local government regulation.
We Work with Most Major Insurance Carriers
What is Included in Tricare Drug Rehab Coverage? (Continued)
Mental Health Therapeutic Services
Addiction is often caused by an underlying mental health issue that needs to be addressed so the dependency can be treated.
Tricare covers mental health services including the following:
- Psychological tests and assessment
- Psychotropic drugs
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Collateral treatment
- Medication assisted treatment
- Ancillary therapies
Opioid Treatment Programs
Office-based opioid treatment is outpatient therapy used to treat opioid addiction. Opioid treatment programs refer to any type of treatment for opioid addiction.
Partial hospitalization is a form of outpatient treatment. It involves the patient staying in the facility for treatment during the daytime and getting released to their families at night.
- You may require for Tricare alcohol rehab partial hospitalization if the following applies:
- You are seeking treatment within the United States
- You have a mental health or substance abuse disorder
- You can function in certain areas of your life
- You do not require full time hospitalization
- You have an impairment that interferes with full normal functioning
- You require assisted detox with medications to treat withdrawal symptoms
- You require stabilization
- You are experiencing acute withdrawal symptoms
- You are transitioning from an impatient program
- You require treatment for a partially stabilized mental health disorder
- You are unable to take care of yourself with a lower level of outpatient service
Residential Treatment Centers
Residential treatment centers offer care for those with psychiatric conditions that require a 24/7 highly structured therapeutic environment. You may receive approval if you meet the following requirements:
- You have a primary diagnosis for something other than a substance abuse disorder
- You have an impairment that gets in the way of normal functioning
- You are unable to function with outpatient services only
- You do not require full time hospitalization
- You are transitioning from another program as part of your treatment plan
Relevance Recovery is a Tricare Drug Rehab
There are many Tricare covered rehab facilities located throughout the nation, but Relevance Recovery offers an approach that sets us apart.
At Relevance we begin by analyzing your condition. We perform a thorough examination to assess your mental and physical health and come up with a treatment plan that is best suited for you.
Our plans combine traditional and ancillary services. We may integrate conventional treatments like cognitive behavioral therapy with alternate methods such as massage, biofeedback, music therapy, yoga and more, allowing you to achieve the perfect mind-body balance. We recommend a healthy diet and exercise routine for optimal results.
After graduating from our program, patients move on to a sober living facility. While there, they are taught valuable skills so they can be successful in the next stage of their lives. They also participate in CFC, a nonprofit substance abuse prevention program that provides the support they need to maintain sobriety.
Addiction can rob you of your ability to enjoy life. Rehab programs are expensive, but fortunately, Tricare drug rehab coverage can give the financial assistance you need to afford the one that’s right for you.
Call Relevance Recovery to learn what you can be covered for and take the first step to living your best life
Get the Help You Need, Now.
Start your journey to substance abuse recovery with us in New Jersey today.